General Purpose Silicone Sealant, 10 oz. Tube
Heng's General Purpose Silicone Sealant is a 100% medium modulus, one component caulking material with a consistency similar to that of toothpaste. It cures to form a tough, rubbery solid upon exposure to moisture in the air. Because it does not flow due to its own weight, the ceiling can be applied overhead or on sidewall joints and surfaces without sagging, slumping or running off. It adheres to clean metal, glass, most types of wood, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, painted surfaces and many plastics. This general purpose silicone has good resistance to weathering, vibration, moisture, ozone and extreme temperatures. It may be applied in sub-zero weather without loss of extrusion or physical property characteristics and is effective to -46° C (-50° F).
This product can be used for the following:
- Caulking and sealing around bathtubs, shower stalls, bathroom vanities, kitchen counters, sinks, windows and doors.
- To draftstop and waterproof eavestroughs and soffits.
- For replacing ceramic tiles and making new gaskets for dishwasher doors, skid and mar proofing vases, ashtrays and picture frames.
- For sealing windshields in cars, vans and boats.
- For repairing or installing body-side moulding.
- For making gaskets to replace costly paper gaskets, for timing chain and valve covers and for water pump or thermostat housings
...or any application that requires a permanently flexible waterproof seal that will withstand moisture, heat and vibration. Caution: Hengs general-purpose silicone sealer can corrode or may not adhere to copper, brass (and copper-containing alloys), magnesium, zinc and galvanized metals (and other zinc-containing alloys).