Shortstop Circuit Breaker Type I (Automatic Reset) w/ Ears
Single Pole Thermal Type Mini-Breaker.
- Battery chargers, trucks, buses, RVs, trolling motors, etc.
- Rating: 14VDC; 28VDC (Series 123,124 & 125).
- Interrupt Rating: Main Circuit Protection: 1.5kA @ 12 VDC (Series 193 w/ plastic cover).
- Branch Circuit Protection: 2.5kA @ 12VDC (Series 121 & 124 -01 sealed & series 123 w/ plastic cover).
- Operating Temperature Rating: -40-Degree F (-40-Degree C) to 185-Degree F (85-Degree C).
- Storage Temperature Rating: -40-Degree F (-40-Degree C) to 260-Degree F (125-Degree C).
- Materials: Black UL-Rated 94V-0 thermoset plastic body (thermoset for type II body & buttons); Cover is thermoplastic or steel
- Termination: #10-32 threaded and quick-connect options available
- Torque Rating: 24in-lb (2.7Nm) max.
- Mounting Torque Rating: Plastic cover - 15in-lb )1.7Nm); Metal cover - 30 in-lb(3.4Nm).
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66 on plastic cover version only (except for terminals)
- Compliances: SAE J553; SAE J1171
Type I - Automatic Reset - Circuit breaker automatically resets after opening. If the fault still exists, the breaker will continue to cycle between ON and OFF positions until the overload is corrected. These devices are sometimes called "cycling
Type I/Automatic Reset circuit breakers do not address or correct overcurrent or fault conditions. They only react by cycling OFF and ON. Any overcurrent or fault condition that causes any Type I circuit breaker to operate should be corrected as soon as possible. Continual vehicle operation under an overcurrent or fault condition (causing the Type I circuit breaker to cycle) is NOT recommended.